Kauai – Lalani
– Bar Acuda in Hanalei, make a reservation for this one for dinner. It is a little pricey but SO worth it. We try to sit a the chef counter when it’s just Nate and I…it’s fun:)
– Hanalei Gourmet; best fresh fish. Period.
– Pink’s in Hanalei for Ice Cream; the Haupia (coconut) and chocolate macadamia nut are SO good. They also have amazing grilled cheese’s
– Bubba’s burgers, this is a great easy stop in Hanalei or Kapaa for after hiking. The teriyaki burger is yummy and its one of the only places that has fountain soda’s 😉
– Kilauea fish market in Kilauea…best ahi wraps or get the Andy Irons burrito. This is just a local counter restaurant but it’s so good and fresh
– Hanalei Dolphin for sushi or (the market) has the best selection of Poke…
– Kountry Kitchen in Kapaa has the best breakfast; amazing banana macadamia nut pancakes and coconut syrup:) stop here if you are going to the other side of the island;)
– Wishing Well Shave Ice truck in Hanalei has amazing shave ice and acai breakfast bowls.
– Hamura Saimin in Lihue. This is a very traditional noodle house. Get the regular sailing, 2 Teri beef sticks and the Lilikoi pie. This place has been here for like 80 years
– there are also some really good food trucks in Kapa’a, a hamburger truck, pizza truck and Wailua Shave Ice
– Hike the Kalalau trail, it is amazing. Just take the road all the the way to the end (Ke’e beach) and park in the lot and go the the trail head.
– Sunshine helicopter tours in Hanalei. Such and unbelievable way to see something you can’t see anywhere else.
– surfing in Hanalei bay is really fun too. You can take an 1 1/2 lesson from the quicksilver shop. The view is amazing and it is such an iconic and safe spot to learn.
– The Wailua river is fun; there are boat rides, Kyaking, and waterfall hikes.
– Waimea Canyon is beautiful and definitely worth the drive
– Captain Andy’s Napali Coast Cruise. Such a beautiful way to see the coast
- ATVing at Kipu Ranch. Amazing and so much fun. You will get muddy and not care at all.
- Zip line at Princeville ranch; super fun zip line course
- Kauai Backcountry Adventures; you tube thru these old irrigation canals in the rainforest. So cool!!
Where to Stay:
- Princeville/ Hanalei: really the best choice imho. There are several options;
- Westin Ocean Villas; great choice for families or couples. Awesome grounds beautiful views
- St Regis Princeville; beautiful luxury resort
- Hanalei Bay Hotel; not a chain, not expensive but you are in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
- Vacation rentals; you can rent a home/condo anywhere from Kilauea to Haena. Again, imo that is the side if the island that you should stay on.
Lmk if you have any questions while you are there. It is my fave place in the world Lalani
Have the best time!!!!